If you've ever thought about learning how to shoot the Milky Way stars with great natural foregrounds, you won't want to miss this opportunity. Night sky photographers and instructors Earl Mallia and Derren Vella have teamed up for the fifth time to offer an incredible learning experience under the night skies in one of their favourite points at Siggiewi - Gebel Ciantar
THIS WORKSHOP WILL HELP YOU
· Plan out your shots by utilizing star applications
· Learn how to properly setup for shooting the night sky
· Learn how to use a star tracker
· Learn how to focus your lens in total darkness.
· Learn how to shoot the Milky-Way
· Learn how to reduce noise in your images by stacking
· Learn how to paint with light
· Learn how to properly edit a night time image
HERE IS A LIST OF RECOMMENDED ITEMS
A sturdy Tripod
A DSLR or mirrorless camera with capability to shoot at least ISO 3200 with moderate to little noise.
A wide angle lens of at least 24mm with an aperture of f/3.5 or less.
And finally a torch
Photographing the Milky-way at Gebel Ciantar
Meeting point at 20.00 St.Mary Magdalene Chapel in Dingli ( Finishing around midnight)
DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON - Post Processing ( Conclusion by 15.30)
Fees - € 50 P/P for both days.
We have a limited space for only 15 participants therefore booking is highly recommended
(Payment will be collected from 2 weeks prior the workshop)
Or find us on Facebook.
The Milky-way Galaxy - Derren Vella 2020